Sunday 25 May 2014

Raspberry and Almond Flapjack!

I made my mum this 'Raspberry and Almond Flapjack' for Mother's Day! Despite the fact it was a while ago now,
it was thoroughly enjoyed by all who tried it, so I thought it would be a nice recipe to put on my blog.



As you may be able to see from the photograph above, I am going to start trying new little things to make my blog more professional. First of all I am starting small and building up, so for now I am adding the blogs name to all my pictures. I know it is only a subtle difference, but as Tesco would say: "Every Little Helps!"

Makes: 9 large squares of flapjack

Ingredients:

215g rolled oats
100g flaked almonds
55g plain flour
115g unsalted butter
2 tbsp golden syrup
85g light muscovado sugar
250g raspberries (a standard punnet)
Handful of dried cranberries

Directions:

  • Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4/180 Degrees Celsius
  • Grease a 9-inch square tin and line with baking paper.
  • Mix the oats, almonds and flour in a large bowl.
  • Melt the butter, golden syrup and sugar in a saucepan over a low heat.
  • Once melted add to the dry ingredients and combine.
  • Gently stir in both the fresh and dried fruit.
  • Put mixture into the prepared tins, ensuring it is spread out evenly.
  • Bake for 20-30 minutes or until Golden Brown in colour.
  • Once completely cooled, cut into even squares and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think about Oven of Secrets!