Monday 21 April 2014

Rice Crispy Crunchie Bars

Another easy recipe! It appears that I am quite fond of the things that don't actually require use of the oven... despite the fact my blog is called 'Oven of Secrets'! I promise something that requires the use of the oven will be coming soon.

So, 'Rice Crispy Crunchie Bars' inspired by 'Rice Crispies Squares' that are actually cuboids which is something that I don't think I will ever understand!

Makes: 12 squares

Ingredients:

4oz butter
4oz marshmallows
4oz dairy toffees (I use the individually wrapped toffees that you can buy very                         cheaply at the supermarket)
7oz Rice Crispies

Directions:

  • Line a tin with baking paper (I use a 10x6.5 inch tin)
  • Put butter, marshmallows and toffees in a large pan and melt on a low heat stirring all the time.

  • Once everything is fully melted, stir in the rice crispies.
  • Press mixture down into the prepared tin and place in the fridge to set.
  • Once set completely, turn out of the tin and cut into squares, a size of your choice-I do 12 squares.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think about Oven of Secrets!